Junior Mentor - Pier Program (closed)
The Imaginary Institute is looking for highly motivated and diverse talent to join the mentor team at the University of Naples Federico II’s Apple Developer Academy. Candidates are required to work in a highly dynamic, fast-paced and flexible environment and collaborate within a team of mentors to facilitate the Pier program at the Apple Developer Academy based on the Challenge Based Learning framework. For more information about the University of Naples Federico II’s Apple Developer Academy, visit www.developeracademy.unina.it/en.
The position requires general experience in the field of mobile app development for iOS, watchOS, iPadOS, tvOS or MacOS and knowledge of the Apple technology ecosystem. Ideal candidates also provide experience as a former Pier Assistant of the Apple Developer Academy program to use their passion and experience as former program member to contribute to the continues development of the Pier program. Candidates will be involved in the organization and operational execution of the Pier program in collaboration with stakeholders and under supervision of the Pier Program Manager.
- Creating materials and conducting activities in the Pier program as needed
- Providing mentorship to individuals or teams of students as focal points
- Tracking progress of projects and maintaining overview of stakeholder relationships
- Providing constructive feedback on student artifacts and deliverables
- Developing technical infrastructure, resources and solutions as required
- Executing daily operational tasks as required by the Pier program
- Supporting other Academy activities as needed
- Sharing personal experience and expertise with others
- Working independently with clearly defined deliverables
- Collaborating cross-functionally with other team members
- Attending field trips to partners if and when organized
- Experience in app development for the Apple technology ecosystem
- Experience in project management and moderation of social dynamics
- Experience in developing strong relationship with clients and stakeholders
- Basic Knowledge of Human Interface Guidelines and other best practices for mobile app design
- Basic Knowledge of app economy business models and App Store guidelines
- Experience with the Challenge Based Learning framework for learning or similar approaches
- 1+ year of job experience or formal training in an app-economy-related field (e.g. university, training etc.)
- Professional or personal experience in collaborating with diverse groups of people
- Ability to work in highly-dynamic environment and collaborate as a team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication as well as presentation skills
- Proficiency in English (C1 or C2)
- former experience as a Pier Assistant at the Apple Developer Academy is a plus
- BS, BA or equivalent degree desired, but not required
The role is a temporary full time position for the academic year 2021/2022 and to be filled as soon as possible. The position requires on site presence at the University of Naples Federico II’s Apple Developer Academy and ability to work within Italy (EU citizenship or working permit required).
The Imaginary Institute is a trans-disciplinary community of researchers, teachers, designers, engineers and entrepreneurs, challenging the status quo of how education and innovation are designed to advocate social equity.
There are multiple positions to be filled with this profile. All qualified applications will be considered for the position. Applications will be reviewed as needed and until all open positions are filled. The Imaginary Institute is happy to receive your application with a CV and Cover Letter at email@example.com. Application Deadline is August 12, 2021.
If this position isn’t a perfect match for you, also consider our other open positions.