Junior Mentor - Foundation
The imaginary institute is looking for highly motivated and diverse talent to join the mentor team at the University of Naples Federico II’s Apple Developer Academy. Candidates are required to work in a highly dynamic, fast-paced and flexible environment and collaborate within a team of mentors to create and facilitate the learning experience for students in the Apple Developer Academy and associated Apple Foundation Programs based on the Challenge Based Learning framework. For more information about the University of Naples Federico II’s Apple Developer Academy, visit www.developeracademy.unina.it/en.
The position requires general experience in the field of mobile app development for iOS and knowledge of the Apple technology ecosystem. Ideal candidates also provide experience in mentoring individuals and collaborating with teams from diverse backgrounds. The Junior Mentor will be responsible for creating and delivering engaging and interactive activities that introduce students to the world of iOS app development. This includes mentoring on the use of the Swift programming language, the Xcode development environment, and the SwiftUI framework for interface development. The Junior Mentor will guide students through the process of designing and developing iOS apps, with a focus on development principles, best practices, and adhering to the Apple Human Interface Guidelines while facilitating the development of professional skills such as collaboration, presentation, creative and critical thinking, and storytelling. Additionally, the Junior Mentor will be responsible for providing feedback to improve learning outcomes, as well as encouraging curiosity and passion for iOS app development. As an educator within the program, the candidate is expected to learn alongside students and to be open to exploring new teaching methods to augment the learning experience.
- Creating learning materials and conducting activities
- Providing mentorship to individuals or groups of students
- Providing constructive feedback on student artifacts and deliverables
- Executing daily operational tasks as required by the program
- Sharing personal experience and expertise with others
- Working independently with clearly defined deliverables
- Collaborating cross-functionally with other team members
- Knowledge of Swift and optionally other programming languages, e.g. Objective-C or Python
- Expertise in computational thinking and advanced programming logic
- Experience in app development for the Apple technology ecosystem
- Expertise in the development of user interfaces with SwiftUI (and UIKit)
- Expertise in development of concurrent code, API integrations etc.
- Knowledge building and deploying software with Xcode and Git
- In-depth Knowledge of the Apple Human Interface Guidelines
- Experience with the Challenge Based Learning framework for learning or similar approaches
- 1+ year of job experience or formal training in a programming-related field (e.g. university, training etc.)
- Professional or personal experience in collaborating with diverse groups of people
- Ability to work in highly-dynamic environment and collaborate as a team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication as well as presentation skills
- Proficiency in English (C1 or C2)
- BS/MS or equivalent design degree preferred, but not required
- former experience as a student at the Apple Developer Academy is a plus
The role is a temporary full-time position for the academic year 2022/2023 and is to be filled as soon as possible. The position requires on-site presence at the University of Naples Federico II’s Apple Developer Academy and the ability to work within Italy (EU citizenship or working permit required).
The imaginary institute is a trans-disciplinary community of researchers, teachers, designers, engineers, and entrepreneurs, challenging the status quo of how education and innovation are designed.
All qualified applications will be considered for the position. Applications will be reviewed as needed and until the open position is filled. The imaginary institute is happy to receive your application with a CV and Cover Letter at firstname.lastname@example.org. English is mandatory.