Junior Mentor - Design (closed)
The Imaginary Institute is looking for highly motivated and diverse talent to join the mentor team at the University of Naples Federico II’s Apple Developer Academy. Candidates are required to work in a highly dynamic, fast-paced and flexible environment and collaborate within a team of mentors to create and facilitate the learning experience for students in the Apple Developer Academy and associated Apple Foundation Programs based on the Challenge Based Learning framework. For more information about the University of Naples Federico II’s Apple Developer Academy, visit www.developeracademy.unina.it/en/.
The position requires general experience in the field of mobile app development for iOS, watchOS, iPadOS, tvOS or MacOS and knowledge of the Apple technology ecosystem. Ideal candidates also provide experience in mentoring individuals and collaborating groups from diverse backgrounds. As a mentor within the program, the candidate is expected to learn alongside students and has to be open to explore new teaching methods to augment the learning experience. Junior Mentors will be involved in creating learning materials, technical demos or solutions for use within the program and conducting activities, mentoring students on their learning journey and facilitating the overall learning experience.
- Creating learning materials and conducting activities
- Providing mentorship to individuals or groups of students
- Providing constructive feedback on student artifacts and deliverables
- Executing daily operational tasks as required by the program
- Sharing personal experience and expertise with others
- Working independently with clearly defined deliverables
- Collaborating cross-functionally with other team members
- Hands-on experience in user interface and user experience design for mobile apps
- Knowledge of Human Interface Guidelines and other best practices for mobile app design
- Experience in visual or interaction design for the Apple technology ecosystem
- Basic Knowledge of Swift, user interface development with SwiftUI and UIKit
- Expertise in collaborating with programmers using distributed repositories (e.g. Git)
- Knowledge of UI/UX theories, design principles (e.g. typography, colors, iconography etc.)
- Experience in user-centered design principles, creating user stories, prototypes, wireframing etc.
- Experience with the Challenge Based Learning framework for learning or similar approaches
- 1+ year of job experience or formal training in a design-related field (e.g. university, training etc.)
- Professional or personal experience in collaborating with diverse groups of people
- Ability to work in highly-dynamic environment and collaborate as a team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication as well as presentation skills
- Proficiency in English (C1 or C2)
- BA or equivalent design degree desired, but not required
- former experience as a student at the Apple Developer Academy is a plus
The role is a temporary full time position for the academic year 2021/2022 and to be filled as soon as possible. The position requires on site presence at the University of Naples Federico II’s Apple Developer Academy and ability to work within Italy (EU citizenship or working permit required).
The Imaginary Institute is a trans-disciplinary community of researchers, teachers, designers, engineers and entrepreneurs, challenging the status quo of how education and innovation are designed.
There are multiple positions to be filled with this profile. All qualified applications will be considered for the position. Applications will be reviewed as needed and until all open positions are filled. The Imaginary Institute is happy to receive your application with a CV and Cover Letter at email@example.com.
If this position isn’t a perfect match for you, also consider our other open positions.