IT System Administrator
The Imaginary Institute is looking for highly motivated talent to join the team at the University of Naples Federico II’s Apple Developer Academy. Candidates are required to work in a highly dynamic, fast-paced and flexible environment and render technical and operational support for the program. For more information about the University of Naples Federico II’s Apple Developer Academy, visit www.developeracademy.unina.it/en.
The position requires general experience in the field of large scale IT system administration, device management and technical support for the Apple technology ecosystem as well as expertise in network administration. Ideal candidates also have experience in the realm of mobile app development for iOS, watchOS, iPadOS, tvOS or MacOS and knowledge of audio and video production as well as in other fields of media technology. Candidates will be involved in the technical administration and organization of the program as well as in day-to-day operational support for Apple Developer Academy and associated Apple Foundation Programs.
- Managing technical equipment (e.g. Macs, iPhones, iPads, Apple Watches, AppleTVs, etc.) of the program
- Maintaining equipment in a mobile device management system
- Implementing technical policies to ensure secure operation of technical infrastructure
- Configuring and deploying Apple devices across locations as needed
- Preparing and distributing configuration profiles, applications and ressources
- Maintaining technical infrastructure, resources and technical setups as required
- Rendering 1st and 2nd level support to program participants
- Executing daily operational tasks as required by the program
- Supporting other Academy and Foundation activities as needed
- Sharing personal experience and expertise with others
- Working independently with clearly defined deliverables
- Collaborating cross-functionally with other team members
- Attending field trips to partners if and when organized
- May require some regional, national or international travels
- Experience as an Apple system administrator in an enterprise (or comparable) environment
- Experience with technical support of Macs, iPhones, iPads, Apple Watches, AppleTVs, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of operating system and production software in the Apple technology ecosystem
- Track record as an go-to expert in an area of specialization with strong growth mindset
- Strong analytical, problem solving and project management skills.
- Expert-level knowledge of Apple MacOS, hardware and MDM tools (e.g. JAMF)
- Knowledge of network typologies and typical configuration of networks, e.g. Wifi, QOS, VPN, etc.
- 3+ year of job experience or formal training in a system administration field (e.g. university, training etc.)
- Professional or personal experience in collaborating with diverse groups of people
- Ability to work in highly-dynamic environment and collaborate as a team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication as well as presentation skills
- Proficiency in English (C1 or C2)
- BS or equivalent engineering degree desired, but not required
The role is a temporary full time position for the academic year 2021/2022 and to be filled as soon as possible. The position requires on site presence at the University of Naples Federico II’s Apple Developer Academy and ability to work within Italy (EU citizenship or working permit required).
The Imaginary Institute is a trans-disciplinary community of researchers, teachers, designers, engineers and entrepreneurs, challenging the status quo of how education and innovation are designed to advocate social equity.
All qualified applications will be considered for the position. Applications will be reviewed as needed and until all open positions are filled. The Imaginary Institute is happy to receive your application with a CV and Cover Letter at firstname.lastname@example.org. Application Deadline is August 12, 2021.
If this position isn’t a perfect match for you, also consider our other open positions.